FBI Special Agent Joseph Metzinger will be leading a class on how to handle active shooter situations. In this seminar the attendee will possess the knowledge and skills to understand the interrelationships between situational awareness and violent extremism, the nexus to lone wolves/lone offenders and their behaviors, reacting and responding to a threatening scenario, and law enforcement’s role after an incident. This will instill confidence and increase their chances of recognizing and effectively responding to an Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event scenario and enhance their understanding of law enforcement’s response to these incidents including:
* Define an Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event and what separates these from what may be considered “traditional criminal actions”.
* Explain the nexus between past and current domestic and international and localized events and the copycat, or contagion, effect that influences Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event scenarios.
* Describe the influence that violent extremism has on individuals with a propensity for being a violent actor.
* Understand how Active Shooters/Active Threats/Hostile Events can range from Workplace Violence matters to the targeting of campuses, schools, hospitals, places of business, outdoor venues, etc.
* List the inherent vulnerabilities and challenges associated with Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event scenarios that exist at potential targets such as campuses, schools, hospitals, places of business, outdoor venues, etc.
* Explain the behavioral characteristics and common motives that define Active Shooters/Lone Offenders, different types of threats, and how they may be perceived.
* Describe the differences between Active Shooter/Active Threat response options such as Run, Hide, Fight, ALICE, “The 3, 5, or 6 Outs”, and others, and how these options are evolving, and how they can affect law enforcement response.
* Relate what a targeted population should expect with regards to investigations in the immediate aftermath of an Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event incident.
* Appreciate the benefits of exercises and drills to instill confidence and efficiency when reacting and responding to an Active Shooter/Active Threat/Hostile Event scenario.
This seminar is a must!